- Student-centered learning environment
- Innovative technologies and services.
- Enrichment of students, staff and the public through the use of library.
- To provide comprehensive resources and services in support of research, teaching and learning needs of the academic community.
- To facilitate easy and quick access of resources.
- To deliver unparalleled service.
- Software to keep track of all the information about the books and their complete details.
- Scientific classification of Library materials for effective use.
- To satisfy the information required by the users.
- To provide service for outsiders.
- To develop different tools and methods to maximize the use of library by its users.
THE LIBRARY IS THE EPICENTER OF OUR COLLEGE
- At the begining Sr.Patricia was incharge of the library books. Later Miss. Chirta Devi and Miss Vasanthi took charge as librarians.
- Providence college library building was constructed in 1984 with a carpet area of 1500 Sq meters.
- More books were added in the seventies. The society of St.Joseph of Tarbes contributed a major share of funds towards purchase of books to the tune of Rs.1,00,800.
- Under the able administration of Miss.Jamuna Mathai, the librarian since 1994, the library grew into an important learning center.
- From the year 1995 till date, the librarian is Dr. Savio Sagayamary who is instrumental in bringing the modern technological amenities to the library, to suit the needs of the students of the milieu.
- The library building accommodates one section in stack, reference section, periodical section and reprography facility.
- At present the library has in its stock about 40000 books, back volumes and subscribes for 10 newspapers, 26 periodicals and 31 current journals at National and International level as print copy to cover a wide variety of subjects.
- The library is fully automated, with barcode facility, INFLIBNET-NLIST, NDLI & OPAC and other aids for quick accession. The library now is an effective tool to assist learning process.
|Sl.No.||Name of the Service|
|1||Online Resource access (E-books and E-Journals)|
|5||Resource Sharing INFLIBNET, NDLI|
|7||Readers guidance and User Orientation Programme|
|8||Open Access Service|
|10||Press Clipping Service|
|11||OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)|
|1||Total No of Books Available||40000|
|2||No. of Titles Available||30219|
|3||Books Added during the year 2019- 2020||1270|
|4||No. of Periodicals||26|
|5||No. of National Journals||23|
|6||No. of International Journals||8|
|7||No. of CD’s||66|
|9||No. of Ph.D. Theses||13|
|10||No. of M.Phil Dissertations||107|
|11||Question Bank (2004 – 2019)||29|
|12||Average No. of users Visiting the Library per day||100|
|13||Average No. of Books issued per day||30|
OPEN ACCESS RESOURCES:
All the Faculty, Students and Employees of the Institution are eligible for membership of the Library. The entitlement, in terms of the number of books that can be borrowed by the members, are as follows:
|Category of Users||No. of Books Issue||Condition of Borrowing|
|Faculty||10-books- 1 months period – no renewal||All should return the book ,the date marked on the due date slip|
|UG Students||5 books – 15 days period and Two time renewal||All should return the book, the date marked on the due date slip|
|PG||5 Books -30 days period and two time renewal||All should return the book, the date marked on the due date slip|
|Research Scholars (Full Time)||5 Books -30 days period and two time renewal||All should return the book, the date marked on the due date slip|
|Research Scholars (Part Time)||2 Books 30 days – one renewal||All should return the book, the date marked on the due date slip|
|Non Teaching Staff||10 Books- 30 days – no renewal||All should return the book, the date marked on the due date slip|
|Outsiders||Only for Reference in the Campus||Reprography Facility Available|
The Library is open from 08.30 am to 5.00 pm every day except Sundays and Holidays. The working hours on Saturday is from 8.30 am to 2.30 pm.
|Study & Reference||Week Days||Timing - 8.30 am to 5.00 pm|
|Issue Timing for UG Students||Week Days||Morning 8.30 am to 5 pm|
|Issue Timing for PG Students||Week Days||Morning 8.30 am to 5 pm|
|Study and Reference for UG||Week Days||8.30 am to 9.30 am
12.30 to 1.30 and 3.30 to 5.00
|Study and Reference for PG, M.Phil & Ph.D||Week Days||8.30 am to 5.00 pm|
Any Queries and Comments? Send an email to email@example.com
Dr. A. Savio Sagayamary, M.Com., M.LIS., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
Providence College for Women
Mobile: 98949 46136
|S.No||Month||Date & Day||Particulars|
|College Reopen / Library Staff Meeting|
|Library Committee Staff Meeting|
|3||June,2019||19/06/2019||Magazine & Journal Renewal|
|4||June,2019||28/06/2019||Library Committee Staff Meeting with Students|
|5||June & July,2019||24/06/2019 to 3/07/2019||First year Student Orientation|
|6||June,2019||19/06/2019 onwards||Book Issue for Third Years|
|7||June,2019||20/06/2019 onwards||Book Issue for Second Years|
|8||June,2019||1/07/2019 onwards||Book Issue for First Years|
|NDLI – National Digital Library of India - Workshop|
|10||September,2019||03/09/2019 - Tuesday||Essay Writing Computation for all UG & PG Students|
|11||October,2019||10/10/2019 - Thursday||Poetry Writing Computation for all UG & PG Students|
|12||January,2020||3/01/2020 - Friday||Symposium|
|13||March,2020||16/03/2020 - Monday||Books to be Returned by all Staff & Students|
|14||March,2020||01/03/2020 onwards||Stock Checking|
A Library Committee Was Formed With The Six Staff Members From Various Departments:
- Dr. R.Shani Ruskin – Assistant Professor in History.
- Dr. M.Bhuvaneshwari – Assistant Professor in Chemistry.
- Dr.K. Karuppayi – Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Dr.C Mythili – Assistant Professor in Economics.
- Mrs. Baby – Assistant Professor in Commerce.
- Ms.Clemencia – Assistant Professor in English.
Library Students Committee:
- Arranging the Magazine, Journals (back volumes) and books in the shelf.
- Maintaining the library with proper arrangement of tables and chairs.
- Checking the book with stock verification list.
Around 15 students of the committee from each departments, helped in arranging the books and back volumes.
- All the users are required to scan their ID card by Biometric gate register at the time of their entrance and exit. ID card is compulsory for all transactions.
- Readers are requested to leave their personal belongings on the shelves at the entrance of the library.
- No outside / personal books are allowed inside the library for reading purpose.
- Issue of books to the students and staff members: students for 15 days and faculty members for 30 days.
- Renewal of books will be allowed twice, if the book is not in demand.
- A student member is responsible for any book borrowed on his/her own library card.
- Every student should return the books within the specified time. Absence from the college will not be admitted as an excuse for delay in returning the books.
- Underlining, scribbling and tearing of pages or any other type of damage done to books/ journals is strictly prohibited.
- The librarian has rights to recall the issued books if required.
- In case of loss of any book, the borrower has to replace the same Edition of the book. Failure to replace will invite penalty at twice the cost of the book.
- Reference books, journals, back volumes, project reports etc, will not be issued to any users.
- A fine of Rupee 1 per day will be charged for overdue books and Rs.5 per day will be charged after 10 days.
- Photocopying and printing is done at the cost of Rs. 2 per page, and for more than 50 pages 1 Rupee and more then 100 pages 50 paise per page.
- Photocopying of full book is not permitted due to copyright issues.
- Readers are requested to handover the book or journal to the library staff after use.
- Strict silence, decorum and cleanliness should be maintained in the library.
Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited.
- Accessing unwanted and unnecessary information is strictly prohibited.
- Outsiders must pay Rs.200/- for using library for reference purpose.
- A Book Bank is operated in the Library.
- The Book Bank is to provide text books to poor and deserving students every semester. It is a boon to our poor students who cannot buy costly books.
- These books are available for circulation only in the beginning of each semester.
- These books should be returned to the Book Bank on the last working day of each semester, failing which a fine of Re.1/- per day per book will be collected.
- Dr. A. SAVIO SAGAYAMARY, M.Com., M.LIS., M.Phil., Ph.D., – Librarian.
- Mr. K. VISWANATHAN, MA., M.LIS., M.Phil., D.C.Tech., HDSE., – Assistant Librarian.
- Mr. B.ARJUN, MA., CLIS., – Library Assistant.
- Mrs. A. STELLA BABITHA., MA., CLIS., (B.LIS) – Library Assistant.
- Mr.A. KARUPPUCHAMY, BA., CLIS., – Library Assistant