- To enhance quality education, excellence and all round development
- Encouraging students in learning and research
- Implementing innovative teaching learning methods through ICT
- Monitoring the overall development of the college
- Imparting values and developing the personality of the students
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalisation of quality culture and institutionalisation of best practices.
|Associate Professor of Botany|
|Dr.C.Hemalatha (Member)||Assistant Professor of Economics|
|Dr.B.Ganga (Member)||Assistant Professor of Mathematics|
|Dr. R.Amudha (Member)||Assistant Professor of English|
|Dr. Shani Ruskin (Member)||Assistant Professor of History|
|Dr.Sr.Selvi (Member)||Assistant Professor of Mathematics|
|Dr.Manikandan (Member)||Assistant Professor of Computer Science|
|Mrs.Aarti (Member)||Assistant Professor of Commerce|
Providence College for Women formed the Internal Quality Assurance cell in the year 2004. The IQAC is the nucleus of the College and channelizes the efforts of the institution towards academic excellence. Total quality Management of the institution is the prime objective of the IQAC, which ultimately relates to the quality of higher education. The IQAC functions with the help of committees that discharge various duties and responsibilities and are accountable to the development of the institution. It also acts as a link between the Management, staff and students, Public, University and the Corporate Sector.
The institution has offered itself for the accreditation process by NAAC. The first accreditation was in 2004 and the college was accredited with “B+”Grade with institutional score 79. The second NAAC Committee visited the college in 2009 and reaccredited the college with B Grade with CGPA 2.92 on a 4 point scale. The third cycle of the NAAC visit was in the year 2016 and the college was accredited with ‘A’ Grade with CGPA score of 3.15. The NAAC accreditation shows a constant and steady growth in the development of the college.
Some of the Functions Expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks.
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders.
The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
- Chairperson: Head of the Institution.
- Teachers to represent all level (Three to eight).
- One member from the Management.
- Few Senior administrative officers
- One nominee each from local society, Students and Alumni.
- One nominee each from Employers /Industrialists/Stakeholders.
- One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC.
The composition of the IQAC will depend on the size and complexity of the institution, accordingly the representation of teachers may vary. It helps the institutions in planning and monitoring. IQAC also gives stakeholders or beneficiaries a cross-sectional participation in the institution’s quality enhancement activities. The guidelines given here are only indicative and will help the institutions for quality sustenance activities.
The membership of such nominated members shall be for a period of two years. The IQAC should meet at least once in every quarter. The quorum for the meeting shall be two-third of the total number of members. The agenda, minutes and Action Taken Reports are to be documented with official signatures and maintained electronically in a retrievable format.
It is necessary for the members of the IQAC to shoulder the responsibilities of generating and promoting awareness in the institution and to devote time for working out the procedural details. While selecting these members several precautions need to be taken. A few of them are listed below:
- It is advisable to choose persons from various backgrounds who have earned respect for integrity and excellence in their teaching and research. Moreover, they should be aware of the ground realities of the institutional environment. They should be known for their commitment to improving the quality of teaching and learning.
- It is advisable to change the co-ordinator after two to three years to bring new thoughts and activities in the institution.
- It would be appropriate to choose as senior administrators, persons in charge of institutional services such as library, computer center, estate, student welfare, administration, academic tasks, examination and planning and development.
- The management representative should be a person who is aware of the institution’s objectives, limitations and strengths and is committed to its improvement. The local society representatives should be of high social standing and should have made significant contributions to society and in particular to education.
- AQAR Submission.
- IQAC Newsletter.
- Orientation for first years, freshers, and their parents.
- Organizing orientation for staff.
- Internal Auditing for all Departments Including Office and Library.
- Preparation and Updation of formats When Needed.
- Updation of Website.
- IQAC meets every week for the smooth functioning of the institution.
- Feedback from students, alumni and parents.
- Best outgoing student is selected by IQAC.
- Academic evaluation, student evaluation and course feedback collected by the IQAC.
- Guidance material prepared
- Preparation of log book and tutor’s record.