- To inculcate dedication, discipline, positive behaviour and involvement in physical education.
- To create a healthy world through health education.
- To learn to make healthy choices physically and psychologically.
- To exhibit good sportsmanship on and off the playing field.
- Providing physical skills and life skills essential for a healthy life style.
- Promoting teamwork and collaboration.
- Empowering students by instilling fitness literacy.
- To help individuals become physically fit, and to develop character through learning life skills.
- To develop physical strength, stamina and flexibility, and greater power of concentration and self-control.
Physical Fitness is a state of health and wellbeing and more specifically the ability to perform aspects of sports occupations and daily activities. Physical fitness is generally achieved through proper nutrition, moderate vigorous physical exercise and sufficient rest.
The cultural heritage has always had to its credit the sports and games of that Nation. It is also true of our Institution. Right from its inception, our students have always crown themselves, as sports stars both at the University and in the National meets.
From the beginning the students took part in competitive sports and games with enthusiasm. The department also motivated the students to take part in competitions.
- 1966 – 1974 – Mrs.Kurien, Tutor in Maths / Physical Directress.
- 1974 – 1977 – Miss. Mercy Padmini – Physical Director.
- 1977 – 1981 – Miss. Esther Ranjini – Physical Director.
- 1981 – 2001 – Miss. PackiaseeliChelliah – Physical Director.
- 2001 – Onwards Dr.KavithaKumaran – Director of physical education.